Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Exhausting but Fun Times

MY Really Special Holiday :)

Well, this holiday was seriously fun. We went to really beautiful places and saw some of our family. This is ALWAYS fun. I have a such an interesting family, that it's hard not to be. We are always full of jokes and laughs and giggles. I feel that, that is what a family should be.

The 1st week we stayed at home mostly. I got my hair cut in a horrible layered cut :( Hahaha but it didn't look too bad at first.
I read a lot of books and watched lots of movies!

When the second week approached, we were packed up and ready to go visit some ostriches! Before we decided to stop at my Grandparents house first. We ate loads and watched lots of TV (?!) there. Then we headed off to the osriches. I got an 'Ostrich Drivers Licence' :) This is a big achievement for me :-D (Also very scary and fast). I learnt a big load of things about ostriches! Breeding, feathers, food, eggs and species.

Next, we went to --drum roll please-- the ZOO!! While my Mom took pictures, my Dad and I played with.....BABY CHEETAHS!! (These are ADORABLE) :)  We also looked at various bird species, crocodiles (who were hibernating), snakes, spiders, otters (very cute and clever), meerkats, White tigers (VERY rare) and white lions.
     A lunch was needed. It was decided that after lunch we would go to the caves. You could take 2 tours. We went on the adventure tour ( the better one). It was like some big secret passage and we had a VERY enthusiastic tour guide. She made it so cool for us. We made our way back to home. On the way we saw snow on the pass and by the mountains.
It was really beautiful! And so we reached the end of our trip.The next week we just 'chilled' at home. Then, the real special came :) My brothers daughter came to stay with us while they went to the really cool Hillsong Conference in Sydney. we have had sooo much fun with her! She is busy and FULL of energy! But that doesnt stop her from being cute ;)
So I bet you can see why this holiday has been so great for us! Thank you Jesus :) ^-^

1 comment:

Catharine de Wet said...

You will still miss those days when your niece will willingly stay stay with you and let you read to her and put up her hair in wacky styles. That's what Christelle does with Malone.