Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 12, 2010

The new trendy colour (?)

I walked into a salon this morning with my mom and I noticed that everyone in the salon was either dressed in full black or mostly black. Ok, I know that it's a salon and they dont want to get their clothes dirty. And I'll admit that I was wearing black boots and my leggings were partly black. But why?

Black is slimming and it looks good on a lot of people. Yet, I still dont see the point in wearing so much of it. Here is a scenario :) (Not real)

A girl walks in the mall and she wears only black. The cashiers notice and say: "She looks quite nice." The next day the same thing. But by the end of the week, she looks boring and the cashiers are thinking: "Uh-uh..."
You get people that wear A LOT of pink. As in pink ONLY ;) That is'nt bad. Yet it  gives the outfit an over-the-top look. You know? In fact, it is not only black clothes. Any color worn too much looks a bit silly after a while :)

So why not mix 'n match colors and be bright and airy? It makes a huge difference ^-^

1 comment:

Daisy said...

Very good advice!